The student news site of Wilmington Friends School

The Whittier Miscellany

The Whittier Miscellany

The Whittier Miscellany

Patriotic Parking Lot
Patriotic Parking Lot
Kendall Law, Staff Writer • April 1, 2024
Mast Head
Whittier Staff April 1, 2024
xr:d:DAF-GJqr3f4:3,j:5423879968535626289,t:24022816
Erewon in the Cafeteria
Sarah Levenson, Staff Writer • April 1, 2024
New Head of School: Suga-Sheed
New Head of School: Suga-Sheed
Mitchell Brenner, Staff Writer • April 1, 2024

Secret Informant Among the Staff?

Is there a saboteur within the walls of our school? Recently there has been chatter in the hallways about an imposter sent by Tower Hill to spy on and sabotage our community! Sports failures, bad wifi, and other WFS shortcomings might not be our fault after all as the rumors of betrayal right under our noses have become more and more convincing. With a potential spy in our midst, everyone is encouraged to be on high alert for any suspicious or unusual activity from friends, teachers, or anyone else on school grounds who seems like they might be up to something.

For example, a teacher who wishes to remain anonymous reported finding top-secret soccer strategies in the faculty lounge. Student Maya Dobson ‘28 speculates, “The thief must have stolen the plans and made a quick stop at the teacher’s lounge before going to report the soccer plans back to Tower Hill. The thief heard someone coming and must have made a run for it and left the plans behind in the faculty lounge.” Since the soccer files were found in the faculty lounge, the spy is most likely to be a faculty member. But who? Thankfully there are a few leads. Athletic trainer, Devon Adams, was spotted looking suspiciously around the soccer field last week. It would be very easy for her to access the soccer team’s plans as she has connections to many sports-related things around the school. Her sweet persona, friendly demeanor, and kind nature could just be an act to draw attention away from any suspicion. When asked about her thoughts on the Devon allegations, Kathleen Martin said “Devon is just TOO nice”. 

Greg Miller, the school computer technician, has also been subject to suspicion. There has been speculation that he has been keeping the school’s wifi bad on purpose. With bad Wifi students often struggle with internet connection failure which makes it difficult to work. Tower Hill is believed to be behind this, thinking that if we have bad internet, then we will fall behind them academically.

As for who the spy is, we might never know. The best thing we can do is simply outplay the spy and not let their attempts at sabotage affect us or dampen our school spirit. Whenever an obstacle is thrown in our way, we must persevere through it and continue to shine.