The student news site of Wilmington Friends School

The Whittier Miscellany

The Whittier Miscellany

The Whittier Miscellany

Patriotic Parking Lot
Patriotic Parking Lot
Kendall Law, Staff Writer • April 1, 2024
Mast Head
Whittier StaffApril 1, 2024
xr:d:DAF-GJqr3f4:3,j:5423879968535626289,t:24022816
Erewon in the Cafeteria
Sarah Levenson, Staff Writer • April 1, 2024
New Head of School: Suga-Sheed
New Head of School: Suga-Sheed
Mitchell Brenner, Staff Writer • April 1, 2024

Friend’s is bringing back a dress code!

Starting April 1st, 2024, Wilmington Friends School will reinstate a stricter dress code. There has been much conversation about the importance of a uniform in private school learning among staff. Friends administration is jumping at the opportunity to bring the community back together. It is true that after Covid, Friends has become rather lax about the strictness of the school dress code, but now that the community seems to have moved past the pandemic, faculty and staff have decided that it is time to reestablish the sense of community that a dress code is sure to provide. 

The dress code will be reinstated, but it is going to look a little different now than it has looked in previous years. A stricter, more uniform dress code will be implemented at Wilmington Friends School. 

The new and improved dress code will feature a wardrobe exclusively denim. Denim on denim is back, and it will be encompassing the halls of Friends School very soon. Not only will the new denim dress code help elevate the concentration of students, but it will also make sure that all students feel comfortable and in fashion at all times. Denim has not only been proven to increase test scores and overall school performance but it has also been proven to increase creativity and independent thinking in students. WFS should expect to see a large increase in test scores, as our IB students brave their IB tests in the WFS official denim school uniform. 

Is it possible to get around this new addition to the handbook?! This is the most anticipated question that administrators are prepared to answer. The answer is YES! For a small price of $5, students are able to dress down for one day out of the month. The money will be donated directly to a charity of their choice. 

Administration is aware that this new school rule will most likely cause an uprising among students. In response to this, admin has decided to also change all the wallpaper at WFS to match our denim uniforms. “A blue denim paradise” was quoted among the hallways from faculty. This change is being embraced with open arms from the cafeteria staff, who say that WFS is finally living up to its quaker and private school standards.