Hello Starbucks! Goodbye Java Nook!

Grace Morrison, Staff Writer

After a few years of being in business, students have requested that the Jave Nook be replaced by the popular coffee chain Starbucks. The Java Nook was built due to suggestions from students who requested for a snack and coffee bar. Now, teachers and administration are listening again. Students claim that they will be happier with a Starbucks in the building. It is a known fact that coffee keeps you awake, but it also makes you smarter. This is because coffee is a stimulant that is absorbed in the blood, then goes to the brain. There are many Starbucks within buildings, such as malls and grocery stores. Wilmington Friends School will not be the first school to have a Starbucks on campus, but the first high school. This will be easy to do, since the Java Nook, already has all the supplies and machines that a Starbucks needs. The menu will be extended to include favorite Starbucks snacks such as Egg Bites, Iced Lemon Pound Cake, and the cake pops. All that needs to be done is add a big, green Starbucks logo. “As an avid Starbucks consumer, I think that this will be a great addition to WFS.” says Finola Mimnagh ‘22, often seen walking the halls sipping a grande iced caramel macchiato. She also commented, “I think that the green Starbucks logo will look great hanging over the Java Nook!”