Swimming into the Holiday Season

Katie Bryan, Writer

T’is the swim season and the WFS swim team is certainly in the spirit after two wins from the boy’s team and one from the girl’s. They faced MOT charter and Conrad this past week. The boys won both meets, beating the other team by 30-40 points each time. The girls defeated MOT charter 77-41 and fell to Conrad on Tuesday. Devin Wallace, class of ‘24 who has been swimming for Friends for two years said, “I think the boys’ team has a shot at winning DISCS. We were not very close last year, but we have a bunch of new and very speedy people.” Robin Lebaur, head swim coach, thinks that “The boys’ closest meet will be on the Thursday after break against Tower Hill.” That meet will be at the Hicks Anderson pool, and it is for home fans only. Madison Beer, the assistant coach, said that “Every person I’ve met has shown effort every single day in every single practice.” The swimmers are trying hard and are excited for the season up ahead. Meets this year are expected to be pretty close. Both coaches love the sense of comradery on the team and “love to see the seniors kicking with the freshman.” To follow the swim team through their season please check out https://www.quakerssports.com/page10309