The Whittier Miscellany

What Did the Ferguson Riots Hope to Achieve

Brian Zittlau, Freelance Columnist

October 29, 2014

Filed under Columns, Community

We live in an age where news sources are more polarized, incorrect, and politicized than ever. On one hand there’s Fox News with their line-up of Bill O’Reilly and Glenn Beck; and on the other hand there’s MSNBC with th...

Friends Hosts the Fifth Annual Israel-Palestine Panel

Jodi Lessner, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

July 21, 2014

Filed under Community, Editorials

“First ground rule: helping students to learn is center stage today. Second ground rule: remember that we are all at different places in our journey with this work. And finally, be respectful.” With these words by Scott Rhodewalt,...

Student Scientists Step Up to the Challenge

Kenji Endo and Julia Rhodes

March 13, 2014

The Wilmington Friends Science Olympiad club traveled to Delaware State University on Mar. 1, 2014 for a full day of competition at the 2014 Delaware Science Olympiad tournament. Clerked by seniors Sonia Kumar and Grayton Downing,...

On Wetsuit-ed Summers, Bovinophobia, and Childhood Individuality

Ellie McGinnis, Columnist

March 13, 2014

As a senior, I’m kind of obligated to reflect on my time at Wilmington Friends, to nostalgically look through old yearbooks, to think about how much I’ve grown and changed since I joined the class of 2014 in second grade....

Egypt’s Arab Winter

Julia Rhodes, Co-Editor-in-Chief

February 12, 2014

The Arab Spring of 2011 electrified my cautiously optimistic liberalism: young men and women from a variety of backgrounds united together to cast off the yoke of yesteryear’s dictatorships. How could I not remain glued to the...

Adventure is Out There

Adventure is Out There

February 8, 2014

The Great Christmas Shrub Incident

Ellie McGinnis, Columnist

December 12, 2013

For years I’ve spent December after December determinedly struggling to bring some of the ubiquitous holiday spirit to my house. I’ve tried to bake sugar cookies and play Christmas music and fill my house with pine-needle-y...

The student news site of Wilmington Friends School
Community