The Whittier Miscellany

Journalism is Dead, Or Is It?

Alex del Tufo, Editor in Chief

April 13, 2016

Filed under Community

I consider myself lucky in that I was a kid who, at a young age, discovered what I wanted to be. I went through the typical phases that any child experiences: veterinarian, fashion designer, lawyer, or the person that gets to ...

Is This Article Not Offensive Enough For You?

Nolan Delaney, Freelance Writer

March 4, 2016

Filed under Community

On January 8th, a Muslim female flight attendant attending a Trump rally was wearing a shirt reading, “Salam, I come in peace,” and badges which proudly labeled herself as “Muslim.” She was forced out of this Trump ra...

What Can We Learn From the Refugee Crisis of 2015?

Emilio Ergueta, Freelance Writer

March 4, 2016

Filed under Community

2015 saw the beginning of what has since become the largest migration of peoples since World War II. The bloody civil war in Syria, which has been raging since 2011, has now claimed the lives of over 250,000 people. Daily, the ra...

Are Cars an Invention of the Past?

Emilio Ergueta, Freelance Columist

December 18, 2015

Filed under Columns, Community

Most of us cannot imagine a life without cars.  Whether to go to school, to visit our friends, or to go to the movies; we all use cars on a daily basis.  With gas prices so low and free drivers education at our school, why wouldn’t we?  Howeve...

Essena O’Neil and the Critique of Social Media

Lindsay Weber, Freelance Columist

December 18, 2015

Filed under Columns, Community

There are very few teenagers these days that can say they haven’t spent hours and hours on Instagram and Facebook, scrolling through the accounts of models and celebrities with seemingly perfect lives. Essena O’Neil, a former Yout...

The student news site of Wilmington Friends School
Community